Commercial & Residential Permits
Application FormsThe Commercial Permit Application (PDF) and Residential Permit Application (PDF) forms are available for download. The forms list documents required for review of the permit, although additional information may be required. The Building Department can be reached at 815-741-5106.
If you are a contractor you must be registered to work within our city limits. The Application for Contractor's Registration (PDF) is available for download. All required documents and instructions are listed on the form. We do not require a bond. Payment may be made by cash or check.
Property owners must register all rental units. The Rental Property Info Sheet (PDF) is available for download. The completed form may be returned to us via the Administrative Clerk’s email, mail, or drop off at City Hall. A link to email is on the right.
Inspections are required when a tenant turns over. Inspections will only be done while the property is empty.
- 2018 Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- 2022 Zoning Map (PDF)
- IBC 2015 (PDF)
- Index of Permitted Special Uses - Non Residential (PDF)
- Index of Permitted Special Uses - Residential (PDF)
- Zoning District and Residential Standards (PDF)
- Zoning District and Nonresidential Standards (PDF)
- Decks and Porches (PDF)
- Fences (PDF)
- Storage Sheds (PDF)
- Swimming Pools (PDF)
- Contractor Registration (PDF)
- Commercial Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Permit Application (PDF)
- Rental Registration Form (PDF)
- Portable Storage Unit Application (PDF)
- FOIA Request - Building(PDF)
- Plan Commission Application Packet (PDF)
- Application for Development (PDF)
- Update 15.04.010 National & State Codes (PDF)
- Update to Contractor's Registration ordinance
- Facade Improvement Grant Program (PDF)