The 2020 United States Census is Coming!
Census Day is April 1, 2020. Everyone counts. The 2020 Census counts every person living in the U.S. once, only once, and in the right place. Why should this matter to you and our City? Census data determines the amount of federal money Illinois receives each year to support:
- Infrastructure needs such as construction and repair
- Schools and school districts
- Public safety, emergency preparedness, and hospitals
- Social service programs that provide assistance for senior citizens, veterans and low-income families
- Business decisions to potentially build or expand offices, factories, and stores, which create jobs.
Your privacy is protected. It’s against the law for the Census Bureau to publicly release your responses in any way that could identify you or your household. By law, your responses cannot be used against you and can only be used to produce statistics.
Taking part is your civic duty. Completing the census is mandatory: it’s a way to participate in our democracy and say “I COUNT!”
The 2020 Census will be easier than ever. In 2020, you will be able to respond to the census online. For more information, you may visit www.2020census.gov or www.wecount2020.com