The 2020 United States Census is Coming!
Census Day is April 1, 2020. Everyone counts. The 2020 Census counts every person living in the U.S. once, only once, and in the right place. Why should this matter to you and our City? Census data determines the amount of federal money Illinois receives each year to support:
- Infrastructure needs such as construction and repair
- Schools and school districts
- Public safety, emergency preparedness, and hospitals
- Social service programs that provide assistance for senior citizens, veterans and low-income families
- Business decisions to potentially build or expand offices, factories, and stores, which create jobs.
Your privacy is protected. It’s against the law for the Census Bureau to publicly release your responses in any way that could identify you or your household. By law, your responses cannot be used against you and can only be used to produce statistics.
Taking part is your civic duty. Completing the census is mandatory: it’s a way to participate in our democracy and say “I COUNT!”
Apply and Work work for the Census!
Want to make some extra cash? The United States Census Bureau is recruiting to fill thousands of part time temporary positions. The hourly rate in Will County is $25/hour! The Bureau is especially interested in bilingual workers. Your help could help Crest Hill residents be counted leading to more federal funds for projects right here in Crest Hill! For more information on how you can apply visit, https://2020census.gov/en/jobs.html.