Commercial & Residential Permits
Application FormsThe Commercial Permit Application (XLS) and Residential Permit Application (PDF) forms are available for download. The Building Department can be reached at 815-741-5106.
If you are a contractor you must be registered to work within our city limits. The Application for Contractor's Registration (PDF) is available for download. All required documents and instructions are listed on the form. We do require an automotive insurance certificate. We do not require a bond. Payment may be made by cash or check.
Property owners must register all rental units. The Rental Property Info Sheet (PDF) is available for download. The completed form may be returned to us via the Administrative Clerk’s email, mail, or drop off at City Hall. A link to email is on the right.
Inspections are required when a tenant turns over. Inspections will only be done while the property is empty.
- 2018 Zoning Map (PDF)
- 2018 Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- Revised Rental Ordinance 1855 (PDF)
- Plan Commission Application Packet (PDF)
- Application for Development (PDF)
- 2021 Plan Commission Schedule (PDF)
- Index of Permitted Special Uses - Non Residential (PDF)
- Index of Permitted Special Uses - Residential (PDF)
- Zoning District and Residential Standards (PDF)
- Zoning District and Nonresidential Standards (PDF)
- Revised Sign Code Ordinance 1799 (PDF)
- Decks and Porches (PDF)
- Fences (PDF)
- Storage Sheds (PDF)
- Swimming Pools (PDF)
- Contractor Registration (PDF)
- Commercial Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Permit Application (PDF)
- Rental Registration Form (PDF)
- Portable Storage Unit Application (PDF)
- Bus Bench Permit Application (PDF)
- FOIA Request - Building(PDF)
- Facade Improvement Grant Program (PDF)
- Crest Hill - Draft Comprehensive Plan - Public Review 04-18-14 (PDF)