Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Over the past few years, ComEd has tracked a 60-percent increase in reports of scams and scam attempts coming into our call center. Please help us protect our customers and your residents. For more information, please visit https://www.comed.com/MyAccount/CustomerSupport/Pages/ImpostersScams.aspx
Here are some tips to help identify scams:
1. ComEd will never come to a customer’s home or business to:
• Demand a payment.
• Ask for immediate payment with a prepaid cash card.
• Ask for their ComEd account number or other personal information, such as a driver’s license number.
2. ComEd will never call a customer to:
• Ask for their account number.
• Ask for personal information such as their Social Security number or bank information.
• Ask them to make a direct payment with a prepaid cash card.
3. To identify an actual ComEd employee, remember:
• All ComEd field employees wear a uniform, including shirt and safety vest, with the ComEd logo.
• ComEd employees visibly display a company ID badge with the ComEd logo and employee’s name.